Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Rune Guneriussen


Rune Guneriussen is a Norwegian installation artist working mostly with site specific installations. He works a lot with putting indoor items in nature and changing the surrounding area in doing so. He is also a photographer as well as an installation artist, often photographing his work as part of the piece. He studied at the  Surrey Institute of Art and Design. He is currently working in Norway.

I like Guneriussen's work because I like how much the installation changes the space that it is put into. I find that a lot of installation pieces disturb the environment more than they work with it, which is probably why I'm not a big fan of installation work in the first place. I've seen in a lot of his photographs that he uses lamps, chairs, books, and things like that and works them around the landscape to make it almost seem like it's supposed to be there, rather than it just being put there.

I like this work a lot. I feel like it has a really nice flow of the lamps along the trees. He seemed to really just pick those trees specifically and string the lamps accordingly. He really is a great site specific artists. 







This is another one of his pieces that I found to be a great example of how well he works with the landscape. He remind me of Andy Goldsworthy in the way that he works with the landscape like he does. The only real difference I see between them is just the materials that they use. Guneriussen uses materials that we use in everyday life and meticulously places them into the landscape, whereas Goldsworthy puts things that are already found in the environment and just rearranges them specifically in the environment they were found in.


Source:

No comments:

Post a Comment