Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wendy Wahl

Wendy Wahl is an installation artist, designer, and educator of art. She received her BA in Art at California State University, and her MAE in Textile Art from Rhode Island School of Design. She is apart of multiple exhibitions both in the US and international. She has received numerous awards and has been mentioned in multiple publications.
From what I have seen of Wahl's art she does a lot of paper and textile art. I like her art because I enjoy the simple and yet intricate design of her pieces. She has a lot of paper towers and columns. I feel like it's a type of installation art that can go anywhere and look like a piece of art of quality.
These are one of the column-like paper installation pieces that I really enjoy. I feel like each of the pieces fit together really nicely and the number of arches isn't too overwhelming.







I'm a little on the fence about whether I like this piece or not. There is nothing that I don't like about it. In terms of composition, it's very nice, it's balanced. I think I just find it a little boring. I feel like there isn't anything that is really drawing me in, and the color kind of adds to that.



Source:
http://wendywahl.com/news.html
http://arttextstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/26ww.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment