Thursday, February 27, 2014

Alberto Seveso 02/04/14

     Alberto Seveso started as, or was recognized, as a graphic artist in the 1990's. His initial inspiration came from skateboards and CD covers. He basically wanted to create things that he saw. His work is based out of Italy. In his portraits, they start out as photographs and then he edits them in creating his artwork. A lot of the portraits seem to disappear and transform into something else. He did a series of water and ink photograph, which is what i most know him for.
     I like the boldness with the colors and forms that he uses in his work. Everything just grabs your attention. I like his water and ink photography more then some of this other work. I've seen a couple people both professional and in school try to copy some of his work and it doesn't even begin to look similar.


This is one of his works that I discovered in doing my research on him. I found his line work to be so intricate and detailed. So many of the lines seem unnecessary but they still work really well in the portrait.












This is one of the works that drew me to him as an artist in the first place. I'm curious as to what he is using to get the color. Regular ink is translucent when put into water, so I'm wondering if he used milk or some other opaque material to make color behave in the same way.












Source:
-Alberto Seveso. (Web) burdu976.com/?page_id=16. 4 Feb 2014.
-http://vectorpatterns.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/womensoviener.jpg
-http://wearesodroee.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/alberto-seveso-4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment