Thursday, February 27, 2014

Transformation Artist Statement 02/27/14

       My first thought with this project is that I wanted to choose the option of making something

using a lot of the same item. I knew I had a lot of crayons and that I wanted to use them. The more I

thought about the project the more it seemed like a giant tease. The goal was to basically make

something that you can normally use, and make it so you can’t use it anymore. So my thought process

with these crayons was to make it so they were no longer usable. Then the second thought was that

crayons are normally used by children, so I chose to hang them so a child could not reach it, therefor

they are completely void of their normal use. The project is basically a creative game of keep away.

No comments:

Post a Comment