Thursday, February 27, 2014

Nina Katchadourian 02/13/14

Nina Katchadouraian is a multimedia artist working in photography, sculpture, and video. I first found out about her last year in another class and was then reminded about her in a recent class lecture. the first a saw of her was the first photographs of herself  in an airplane lavatory and she had dressed herself with toilet paper. I thought that the act of that alone was interesting. 
     A lot of her work that I've seen I'm not really too fond of I think just because I find it to be little too simple. I really enjoy her spiderweb photographs. I find it interesting that she was intentionally helping something that other's try to kill, she helped the spiders in an odd way but it's the thought that counts.

I find these works to be the most interesting of what I have found of her. She just did something so odd and out there, that in reality doesn't help spiders at all, but more or less fixed something created by the spider to it's almost original glory.

Nina Katchadourian
1998
 Mended Spiderweb #8 (Fish Shaped Patch)
20"x20"


With these works I really just enjoy them because they're funny. You never really think about the book titles as a whole only as individuals. It's odd that the colors go fairly well together, they're all forest-like tones, nothing too bright or anything that would have an off setting juxtaposition.






Source:
-Nina Katchadourian. Web. www.ninakatchadourian.com/index.php.

No comments:

Post a Comment