Monday, May 5, 2014

Daniel Firman

Daniel Firman is a sculptor and installation artist. I couldn't find any background information on him that was in English. He works a lot with altering figures and has a very contemporary style in which he makes his work.
This is one of his more well known sculptures. He's either had it in multiple places or he has multiple elephants that he has made. He has the elephant holding on by it's trunk in different positions like upside down and sideways. I like this piece mostly because I find it pretty humorous. I also like that he's had it in multiple positions. I feel like it looks really realistic which makes it more interesting. I feel like if it was in unrealistic colors it wouldn't be as interesting, it would almost seem to expected.


Firman has multiple sculptures like this where he has a mass of things on the figure of a person. I like the fact that he mostly make the figures in a monotone color base. I feel like it would look to busy and confusing if it was in multiple or realistic colors. I feel like it adds interesting and makes you want to look more into the figure and makes you want to look at all of what is included in the piece.











Source:
http://beautifuldecay.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/black-hole.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment