Monday, May 5, 2014

Janne Parviainen

Janne Parvianinen is a mixed media artist. His man media is photography, and he paints with light paint as well as oil painted scenes and figures in a 3D format. 
I like his work because I feel like it's such a contemporary things, but unlike normal contemporary art. I feel like it plays on the scene that a lot of social events have come to and what people enjoy now. I like that this art isn't a weird and awkward type of contemporary art, but a real socially aware art.
I feel like all of the work is similar enough that I can talk about it as a one instead of  individually. I feel like I would see something like this at a rave show or concert. I love the intricacies in the light paintings and that it's basically just line work. I feel like if there was an attempt to put anymore detail then that it would have made the figures too cartoon-like and it would make the piece really uninteresting.




Source:

No comments:

Post a Comment