Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Muybridge Artist Statement

In this project I really wanted to stay true to the images that I saw of Eadweard Muybridges work. I wanted to do a sequence of images that depict movement. I wanted to take a more contemporary approach to the work and choose a different subject matter that would have a more interesting movement. I decided that I would show the movement of two liquids interacting together. I started with a large pitcher of water. I mixed food coloring and milk together and slowly dripped the mixture into the water. I took black and white photos of the process and posted them together in sequence. I wanted the pictures to be in black and white so that the color wouldn't be any sort of focus and that the movement would shine through in the photos.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica. Superb journal! You really took your time researching your chosen artists, but also included a fair amount of your own feedback regarding their work and process. I appreciate that, it is much more interesting for me to read your thoughts then what wikipedia states. Plus, this research will help you tremendously in honing your work and realizing what other artist's work you do and don't appreciate and why! So keep it up. You will be receiving an "A" on your journal. Thank you for always being curious with your material choice and your diligent work ethic.It goes a long way. Enjoy your summer. Kris

    ReplyDelete