Saturday, May 3, 2014

Hiroshi Fuji

Hiroshi FujiHiroshi Fuji is a Japanese installtion artist and sculptor. He received both his BA and MA from the Kyoto City University of Arts. He taught at the National School of Arts in Papa New Guinea. He is part of a collection in the Museum of Modern Art Wakayama in Japan.
Hiroshi Fuji takes toys, used or new I don't know, and arranges them in a unique way. He makes them into giant sculptors of other things, or organizes them on the floor. I'm not sure if I really like his work, I find it more interesting in his sculptures.




This is one of his pieces that I am more fond of. I like the color arrangement that he's used with the warm colors, rather than just using one color or doing a variety of colors. I like that it's a dinosaurs too, though I'm curious as to why. I don't think that the toys have anything to do with dinosaurs, I'm guess it's more of the whimsy aspect of it.


This is one of the pieces of his that I don't really like. I just don't see the art in arranging things on the floor. This one is a little more than that considering that there are different levels and tower-like things in the piece. I do like the color arrangement that is similar to other pieces that he has done.





Source:
http://www.azito-art.com/hiroshi-fuji/
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMf3D3WxtQ61FFi7oJE6C1oXpG4_eJHX2krhwKCCqMzLBokJ-k

No comments:

Post a Comment