Monday, May 5, 2014

Wim Delvoye

Wim Delvoye is a Belgian artist who works in a wide variety of media. His materials are generally non traditional. He is considered to be a neo-conceptual artist. He often works with materials that tend to clash and disagree with each other in a conceptual way. He's done some very controversial work that has gotten a lot of attention.
I like some of Delvoye's work, though not all of it. I feel like some of it is a little too over the top and it just makes me feel concerned. He's done pieces where he has tattooed a live pig. I don't really like that just because I don't think that would be right to do to an animal. The actual tattoos are really nicely done, but doing it on pig is a little much. Some of his other pieces have a nice architectural quality that I really enjoy.

This is the piece with the pig tattoos. Like I said, I think the tattoos are really beautiful and well done, but the pig is detracting from the aesthetics of the piece.













This is the piece that I first saw of Delvoye's work, before all of this pig business. I like the intricate patterns and detail and craftsmanship of this piece. I feel like it such an unusual thing to do to a tire. I like the fact that the pattern and the tire don't go together at all.










Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Delvoye
http://designyoutrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/w1-750x962.jpg
http://www.happy-pixels.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/wim-delvoye-02.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment