Thursday, May 1, 2014

Stacey Kurtz

Stacey Kurtz is a freelance artists working in scenic and mural art for a lot of commercial and private spaces. She also works in installation pieces and theater staging. She graduated with a bachelors's in fine arts and illustration.
I feel like this artist isn't as well know as a lot of other artists that I've done but I think she has some really interesting things. She does lot of stuff that's very simple and just pleasing to look at. It seems like she really isn't focusing on any sort of deeper meaning from what I've seen, just on the simple and beautiful.




It looks like this piece is in a studio space after the completion. I'm curious if it actually made it to a home outside of the studio because I really like it. I like that it's black and white and that there is such nice details as well as the highlights and darkness in the picture. I feel like it has a dramatic element too it without causing emotional distress.






This is one of her installation pieces, and is also the piece that I found her with int he first place. I like things that are simple for the most part, especially with art. So I feel like this has a really nice balance of simple design and large space installation. I feel like a lot of artists, when they do a larger scale installation they always go too far with it and they often screw up the good aesthetic of the piece. I also really like the use of color to individualize the space.

Source:
http://cargocollective.com/staceykurtzart/filter/fine-art/About-Stacey-Kurtz
http://www.dontpaniconline.com/media/magazine/body/2011-07-25/images/man2.jpg
http://payload140.cargocollective.com/1/10/326670/5102769/2010_1_23%20235.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment